The technical ceramics sales engineer actively manages and develops technical ceramics sales through daily sales activities, based on priorities and growth objectives as agreed with our technical ceramics manager and management team. The engineer develops, researches, analyzes and monitors new business opportunities utilizing our material, engineering and manufacturing capabilities, as well as, proposing new potential material developments, engineering capabilities and manufacturing capabilities based on market information and direction from senior management. The ideal candidate will also lead and direct his/her activities by performing the following duties personally and through the support of the technical, engineering and manufacturing teams.
The technical ceramics sales engineer is responsible for overall sales leadership, direction, coordination, and evaluation of technical ceramic opportunities within your area. You will engage and work with people in other divisions of Greenleaf that will support specific technical ceramic activities. The engineer must carry out responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include team building, planning, directing work, addressing complaints and resolving problems and delivering on annual sales commitments.
To apply, download the employment application and return with your resume and cover letter to Rhonda Boulton, Human Resources Manager (see sidebar for pdf and email links).
- Determines annual sales plans by assessing market opportunities, implementing marketing and sales strategies; analyzing trends and sales results.
- Establishes sales and market objectives by prospecting, forecasting and developing annual sales quotas; projecting sales volumes for existing and new customers.
- Implements sales strategies, market programs and deployment strategies to grow market share and develop new business opportunities.
- Maintains sales volume, product mix, and selling price by keeping current with supply and demand, changing industry trends, economic indicators, competitors, market issues and competitive materials and technologies.
- Delivers on annual sales plan commitments and reports monthly highlights of all key activities.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Analyze opportunities and determine the required support for new developments, customer needs, understanding of volume potentials and potential pricing.
- Prepares monthly activity report showing sales and marketing activities, metrics, priorities and critical opportunities.
- Helps establish the development priorities for opportunities to grow the overall business as it relates to technical ceramics.